Cannot issue a new command while waiting for a previous one to complete

Aug 6, 2010 at 8:13 AM

Hi Alessandro,

In continuity of my problems (see the post http://ftps.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=218100)

When a exception is raised during the call of the GetFile Method, It seems that the method cannot be called another time.

To respect the demand of my customer, i can't close the connection to reset. So what is the solution to stop the previous command ?

Thanks,

Pyroa alias Alexandre :)

Coordinator
Aug 9, 2010 at 1:56 PM
Edited Aug 9, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Hi Alexandre J 

I just committed an update to the sources, to address your request.

Here are the binaries: http://www.alessandropilotti.com/AlexFTPS_1_0_3b2_Custom_Build.zip

Please let me know if it works for you!

Cheers,

Alessandro Pilotti

[ MVP / IIS ]

Aug 10, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Hi Alessandro,

it's really nice of you to have made a special version for me !

The file that you give me in the previous post it's really the last version ? Because the file AlexPilotti.FTPS.Client.dll we can download from the main page have the version number 1.0.2. 27845 and the last one you give me have the 1.0.2.26236.

It seems to work but, i've this exception now instead of the old one :

"Unable to read data from the transport connection: An operation on a nonblocking socket could not be completed immediately."

And after the connection is loose.

Coordinator
Aug 10, 2010 at 11:35 AM

Hi Alexandre,

the error you get seems to be related to the timeout problem you are experiencing. After timing out the server closes both control and data connection, which prevents you from issuing more commands. This is of course just a guess, not having access to your system. The easiest way to solve this issue is to transparently reconnect.

As I told you before I will add a keep alive feature which might resolve your issue, although this is not requided by the FTP standard.

Thanks for pointing out the version number mismatch, looks like it got meesed up after the recent upgrade of the solution to VS2010. I will stop relying on automating numbering and change it manually after each release.

Cheers,

Alessandro Pilotti

[MVP / IIS]

Aug 10, 2010 at 11:48 AM
alexp wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

the error you get seems to be related to the timeout problem you are experiencing. After timing out the server closes both control and data connection, which prevents you from issuing more commands. This is of course just a guess, not having access to your system. The easiest way to solve this issue is to transparently reconnect.

As I told you before I will add a keep alive feature which might resolve your issue, although this is not requided by the FTP standard.

Thanks for pointing out the version number mismatch, looks like it got meesed up after the recent upgrade of the solution to VS2010. I will stop relying on automating numbering and change it manually after each release.

Cheers,

Alessandro Pilotti

[MVP / IIS]

Hi Alessandro,

alexp wrote:

Hi Alexandre,

the error you get seems to be related to the timeout problem you are experiencing.

Indeed.

alexp wrote:

After timing out the server closes both control and data connection, which prevents you from issuing more commands.

It's what i have suspected ^^.

alexp wrote:

The easiest way to solve this issue is to transparently reconnect.

Unfortunately, i can't. I'm limited my the number of connection in 15minutes. But i do with it :p

alexp wrote:

With pleasure, if i can help you, don't hesitate to ask !

So thank you to have take some time to answer me !

Regards,

Alexandre.