Getting progress of upload to server in VB.NET

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:27 PM
Edited Oct 12, 2010 at 12:31 AM

I am new to your program.  I am not using the command line tool rather I am using the Class Library in VB.NET. 

I am sorry but I am confused with the example I found I am a programmer with mostly VB background.

I am using the PutFile function and I want to report back to a progress bar as a given file is uploaded to the server from my application. 

I see that I can capture the progress as each file is PUT on the server but am not sure how to do that in VB.NET (2005). 

My program will have two progress bars, one for the total batch (Easily done as each file is sent) and I want to use the other to report on the progress of each file as it is streamed.   It is the second part I do not understand.  How do I get the progress for a given file as it is being uploaded in VB.NET?

Some of the files will be quite large and I don't want my users to get too impatient and a progress bar seems to keep them occupied.

I would appreciate it if you could show me how to do this in VB.

Thank you

P.S. I appreciate the work you have put into this project, it is very useful for me and has saved me a lot of time and expense.

Oct 12, 2010 at 12:27 AM
Edited Oct 12, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Never mind, I got it figured out, I had an issue with the FileTransferCallback code but that is fine now.

Again I want to thank you for taking the time to create this code project, it has been very helpful for me.