PASV mode

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:05 AM
Edited Nov 20, 2009 at 9:30 AM

Hi Alessandro,

I have a problem and I need help  ( .... sorry for my english ...... )

I have these specifications for create a connection.

hostname ftp.test.it

TLS explicit

port 2110

PASV modality

user "pippo"

password "pluto"

And i created this command :

ftps -h ftp.test.it -tls All -U pippo -P pluto -port 2110 -l -sslInvalidServerCertHandling Accept

but I don't understand what is PASV mode ..... can you explaine me ....

thanks....

P.S: If I wont write commend in c#

private void test(){

AlexPilotti.FTPS.Client.FTPSClient ft = new AlexPilotti.FTPS.Client.FTPSClient();

ft.Connect("ftp.test.it",2110,new NetworkCredential("pippo","pluto"),ESSLSupportMode.All);

}

But to translate :

-sslInvalidServerCertHandling Accept ???????

Thanks

Coordinator
Nov 20, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Hi,

passive mode is one of the two ways used to transfer data from / to the server. Basically it means that the client connects to the server to initiate the data transfer communication. This is often the preferred mode. In contrast Active mode works the other way (the server connects to the client).

More on this subject here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

the "sslInvalidServerCertHandling Accept" feature can be obtained with a callback which "swallows" invalid certificates:

client.Connect(..., new RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(ValidateTestServerCertificate),...);

private static bool ValidateTestServerCertificate(object sender, X509Certificate certificate, X509Chain chain, SslPolicyErrors sslPolicyErrors)
{
    return true;
}

Please refer to the command line sources (Program.cs) available here for a complete example.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Alessandro

Mar 3, 2010 at 11:37 PM