Null value exception when connecting to FilleZilla

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Hi all.

I'm trying to connect to  FileZilla Server version 0.9.34 beta behind a firewall. My code looks like this:

Dim credential As New NetworkCredential(ftpUser, ftpPass)
        Dim sslSupportMode As ESSLSupportMode = ESSLSupportMode.CredentialsRequested Or _
                       ESSLSupportMode.DataChannelRequested
        Dim userValCert As New RemoteCertificateValidationCallback(AddressOf Validate)
        client.Connect(ftpserver, ftpPort, credential, sslSupportMode, userValCert, Nothing, 0, 0, 0, Nothing)

The value of ftpPort is 990.

This is the error message I get: 

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input, String pattern)
   at AlexPilotti.FTPS.Client.FTPSClient.GetReply()
   at AlexPilotti.FTPS.Client.FTPSClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port, NetworkCredential credential, ESSLSupportM
ode sslSupportMode, RemoteCertificateValidationCallback userValidateServerCertificate, X509Certificate x509ClientCert, I
nt32 sslMinKeyExchangeAlgStrength, Int32 sslMinCipherAlgStrength, Int32 sslMinHashAlgStrength, Nullable`1 timeout)
   at DHLFTPS.MainModule.Main()

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ernesto.

Mar 7, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I was getting this message as well.  I started troubleshooting the error to no avail.  I eventually tried connecting to the host using FileZilla which was unsuccessful.  If you're getting this message, you may try your host with a third party application first.  :)