This project is read-only.

Date for next release / IPv6 support?

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:05 AM

Hi,

I'm very interested in using this library (looks great by the way) but ideally, it'd support IPv6.  I see in another thread that it will be implemented in the next release.  How's that going?

Thanks.

Peter

Jun 15, 2011 at 9:49 AM

Peter,

IPv6 support is definitely in the list. No official release schedule yet :-)

Cheers,

Alessandro

[MVP / IIS]

Jul 1, 2011 at 9:59 PM

Hi Peter,

IPv6 support is now enabled (EPSV), I just committed the sources.

Any beta test volunteers? ;-)

Cheers,

Alessandro Pilotti

[ MVP / IIS ]

Jul 2, 2011 at 9:20 AM
I could give it a try. We've had to get on with the product and I handed it over to test with the idea of doing implicit FTPS in another work package (which we need your library for).

I can certainly have a go at building it in and making sure nothing else got broken but unfortunately - I don't know much about IPv6. I did get an error using the command line interface for your library in the office saying that IPv6 wasn't supported so I had to type the IPv4 address in - then it worked.

How do I get hold of it? I've got a call with the project manager on Monday and I can mention it then.

Thanks.

Peter

On 1 July 2011 21:59, alexp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Peter,

IPv6 support is now enabled (EPSV), I just committed the sources.

Any beta test volunteers? ;-)

Cheers,

Alessandro Pilotti

[ MVP / IIS ]

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ftps@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email ftps@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jul 2, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Peter,

IPv6 support is transparent.

When the library recognizes an IPv6 family address, it uses EPSV commands in passive mode, otherwise the good ol' PASV.

Cheers,

Alessandro Pilotti

[ MVP / IIS ]

Jul 3, 2011 at 5:29 PM
Can I get the beta test source from your website?

On 2 July 2011 14:59, alexp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Peter,

IPv6 support is transparent.

When the library recognizes an IPv6 family address, it uses EPSV commands in passive mode, otherwise the good ol' PASV.

Cheers,

Alessandro Pilotti

[ MVP / IIS ]

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (ftps@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Jul 3, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Peter,

here you can find a copy of the binaries compiled from the latest sources:  

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9060190/AlexFTPS_1.1_beta1.zip

if you prefer to build from the sources, here you go: http://ftps.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Click on "Download"

Let me know if you miss anything! 

Cheers,

Alessandro 

Jul 3, 2011 at 10:01 PM
Thanks!

On 3 July 2011 21:14, alexp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Peter,

if you prefer to build from the sources, here you go: http://ftps.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Click on "Download"

Cheers,

Alessandro

Jul 4, 2011 at 8:54 AM
Just mentioned this to my boss. He asked how long you thought the beta test would last?

I've got some other things on but I hope to get chance to do a quick test this week and then I've got one week's holiday booked. I'll let you know how I got on before I go.

On 3 July 2011 21:14, alexp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Peter,

if you prefer to build from the sources, here you go: http://ftps.codeplex.com/SourceControl/list/changesets

Click on "Download"

Cheers,

Alessandro

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:46 AM

So far all the test reports are positive.

If no issues arise the final 1.1 will be released by the end of the week.

Cheers,

Alessandro

Jul 4, 2011 at 11:57 AM
Great!

I have done a very basic test here. I connected up to my server using the new ftps command and that worked fine. Just to double check, I tried with the current release and that complained with the IPv6 error.

I could see the EPSV command in the server log when it worked.

On 4 July 2011 11:46, alexp <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

So far all the test reports are positive.

If no issues arise the final 1.1 will be released by the end of the week.

Cheers,

Alessandro